Friday, July 17, 2009

Biden Hints at U.S. Bankruptcy

Here, fresh from the "Can't make this up!" files comes the latest comments from the second most powerful man in the world...Joe Biden.

“And folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable,” Biden said at the event on Thursday in Alexandria, Va. “It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially.” “We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation,” Biden said. “Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’” Biden said. “The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you.”

Read full article here; http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=51162

It will be very interesting to see what the Obama spin doctors roll out to re-explain what Joe REALLY meant when he said these words.

I have to hand it to Joe...at least he is telling the truth. It's just probably not wise to say such things at an AARP meeting, knowing full well his words will be broadcast to Iran, India and China. Joe needs to work on his issue of constraint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home