Monday, March 8, 2010

How Come Jews Are So Smart?

You can't argue with simple facts....and the fact is that the Jewish race has given us more smart people, coming up with more inventions and innovations, winning more Nobel prizes than any other group of people on earth....yet they are one of the least popluace races on earth.

So what gives?

Bible readers know the direct answer; "And you will be a blessing to all the earth", is what God said about the Jewish race.

But science can't use Bible verses to answer illogical questions (nor should they) so they have do come up with some other factors that may explain this strange anomoly of the Jews being so smart.

The Ashkenazim are descended from the Jewish communities of Germany, Austria, Poland, and Eastern Europe that date back to the 10th century. Today they make up around 80 percent of the world's Jews.

Ashkenazim have the highest average IQ of any ethnic group, scoring 12 to 15 points above the European average. They are also strongly represented in fields and occupations requiring high cognitive ability. For instance, European-origin Jews account for 27 percent of U.S. Nobel science prize winners but make up only about 3 percent of the U.S. population.

Read it here in National Geographic; http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0718_050718_ashkenazim_2.html

The article goes on to surmise that the Jews of Europe became smarter because they were forced to think more to constantly escape persecution. Another idea was that the Jews were forced into the money lending business that Christian gentiles wouldn't do....thereby making the Jews more rich which gave them the opportunity to have more kids.....and those kids were taught to be smarter than the gentiles growing up around them in poverty.

Hmmmmm.....??? I think I will stick to the Bible's answer..."I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. And you will be a blessing to all the earth."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

As I approached 50 a few years ago my father saw fit give me an explanation for all the illness that has devastated and/or killed my immediate family. Seems my mother's parents were uncle and niece. They were married in Rhode Island and went on to have 7 children, all of whom turned out healthy and brilliant, save one -- the 'younger' of the one set of twins they had, my mother who was dead by multiple sclerosis by 60. She had 3 kids. Her first was diagnosed w/Crohn's by age 12, her second w/MS by 18 and dead by 44 and her third, me, after 8 years of trying to have a third mutant after no less than 2 miscarriages. She apparently coined the word 'clueless'. I woke one day w/diaharhea that never stopped as a young teen and had a bag by the time I was 25 -- Crohn's.

I've been a raging borderline all my life, from what I've heard and remember along the same lines as my late mother. My sister on the other hand, is a high paid software designer w/a degree in math from Reed College.



Maybe my point of view is uh, skewed but I've come to the conclusion that the edict handed down by almighty D-g himself in the torah and codified in the Talmud (I've done a lot of research and talked to a coven of rabbis) that it's a mitzvah for a man to marry his niece, was done so to ensure a brilliant -- if sickly -- population.



I don't think it's a coincidence that people from certain parts of India where uncle/niece marriage is practiced and celebrated also display a relatively high percentage of brilliance.



I've been a committed anti-racist all my life but there are times when the only 'place' I find solace is stormfront.



Did I mention I'm Jewish?

November 21, 2010 at 4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home