Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rick Warren Clarifies

A few weeks ago we did a post on Rick Warren and some things that he reportedly said.  We didn't write the article, but we did a link to it.

Today a reader sent me these comments from Rick Warren where I think he does a great job clarifying some things that the reporter said, but that Rick Warren says he never said.

QUESTION: A recent newspaper article claimed you believe Christians and Muslims worship the same God, that you are “in partnership” with a mosque, and that you both agreed to “not evangelize each other.” You immediately posted a brief refutation online. Can you expand on that?

WARREN: Sure. All three of those statements are flat out wrong. Those statements were made by a reporter, not by me. I did not say them . . . I do not believe them . . . I completely disagree with them . . . and no one even talked to me about that article! So let me address each one individually: First, as I’ve already said, Christians have a fundamentally different view of God than Muslims. We worship Jesus as God. Muslims don’t. Our God is Jesus, not Allah. Colossians 2:9 says “For in Christ dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” Second, while we urge our members to build friendships with everyone in our community, including Muslims and other faiths, (“Love your neighbor as yourself”), our church has never had any partnership with a mosque. Friendship and partnership are two very different levels of commitment. Some of our members have hosted a Bible study with Muslim friends, which I applaud, but I’ve never been to it, and a Bible study certainly isn’t any kind of partnership or merger! It’s just crazy that a simple Bible study where people explore scripture with non-Christians would be reported as a partnership and others would interpret that as a plan for a new compromised religion. Just crazy! Third, as both an Evangelical and as an evangelist, anyone who knows me and my 40 year track record of ministry knows that I would never agree to “not evangelizing” anyone! I am commanded by my Savior to share the Good News with all people everywhere, all the time, in every way possible! Anyone who’s heard me teach knows that my heart beats for bringing others to Jesus.


Here;  http://saddleback.com/blogs/newsandviews/news--views-030212/

I am VERY happy to see that Warren does not believe that Muslims worship the same God.  You can read the rest for yourself.

Hat tip to Julie E.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Di said...

Thanks for posting this, Dennis! I am very happy to hear it, too.

March 14, 2012 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home