Thursday, August 9, 2012

Feel the Hate

A friend of mine works at a company that does painting inside and outside of houses.  She emailed me a "problem" that recently came up at her company...sent via email.

The email had a picture taken from a cell phone.  In the picture, you could see the words, "Jesus loves you!"  However the love had been substituted by the picture of a heart...so it was "Jesus (heart)'s you!"  These words were obviously drawn by someones finger in the dust of the counter top inside the house they were painting.

This text from the homeowner accompanied the photo he had taken of these words which he sent to the company manager;

Jim,

I was not pleased to find "Jesus [heart]'s you" written in the dust of our home when I arrived home from work this evening.

I find this act terribly offensive. I'm not sure if you can find out who is responsible, but I don't want them in my home ever again.

Tom


Ever again!!  Really??  With all the shootings, raping, drug crimes, murders, etc...and this dude is so offended he wants the painter banned from his house FOREVER?!?!

I don't know if it has anything to do with it...but the homeowners appeared to be two gay men.  Even so, I simply can't imagine being so offended by an expression of love....but let's remember some of what the Master told us about hatred.

Luke 21:17
Everyone will hate you because of me.

John 15:18
[ The World Hates the Disciples ] “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

John 15:19
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

Mark 13:13
Everyone will hate you because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Now pay close attention to these next words spoken by Jesus and reflect on the man who took the picture and complained;

John 15:23
Whoever hates me hates my Father as well.

Wow!  This man was SO OFFENDED by the name of Jesus.  It makes you wonder if he hates Jesus and everything that Jesus said?  If so, then we can assume that he also hates God.

How sad!  God gave him life, breath and also gave him a house TO BE PAINTED....and he hates God.

Man is in rebellion.  We need to pray for these people even when they do hate us, persecute us and wish us harm or want us fired from jobs.  The Master said we need to....because if the trumpet blows today it is not well with their souls.

Let's be broken hearted for the lost souls....because we too were once lost until Jesus found us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home