Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Is This Still America?

I just had an interesting thing happen.

I was just at lunch with a wholesaler (who will go unnamed) of a large mutual fund company.  Over lunch we started to discuss lots of different topics, like Israel, Islam, Jihad, UFO's, Bible, perversion, homosexuality, etc...  you know...all the normal lunch conversations. : )

Anyway, he dropped me off at my office and while it was fresh on my mind I wanted to send him some Bible verses we had discussed.

This was the body of my email to him;

*****************************************************************************
First off, lest you think I’m a homophobe, (I’m not at all) let’s look at what the Bible says...and you can look up and read the first 21 verses to confirm all the things you aren't supposed to have sex with!

Leviticus 18
22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things,

So question for you....if THOSE nations became defiled for it’s citizens doing all those things....why wouldn't God announce the same judgment on us today?

“But Dennis, that’s the Old Testament!  We don’t follow lots of stuff found in the Old Testament.  I’m a New Testament guy!”

OK...let’s see what the NT says;

Romans 1

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Well, I guess we can see why folks who believe the Bible are NOT ever going to celebrate gay marriage or celebrate homosexual behavior.  Also why we will never celebrate adultery and divorce (even though EVERY BODY’S doing it!), stealing, greed, gluttony (even though every body in America is obese and most financial planners are thieves)

“As for me and house, we will serve The Lord.”

*********************************************************************************

He must have received my email on his smart phone, because in just a very few minutes my phone rang;

"Dennis, this is ...., You can't send me stuff like that to my email!  My company monitors certain words and phrases and this is my only email account, so you just can't send me that kind of stuff."

I told him sorry and that I wouldn't send him anything else.

I hung up and I started thinking...what does "stuff like that" mean?....have we gotten to a place in this nation where you could get in TROUBLE BY YOUR COMPANY for receiving a Bible verse?  I wonder what words they may flag in the email...homophobe?  Perversion?  Sinful?  Leviticus?  Sex?

Maybe this is just one other sign of how close we are coming to persecution.  Who will be persecuted?  Those who dare to write and talk about Bible verses...all of which may soon be called, "Stuff like that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home