Thursday, March 19, 2015

No Internet Connection

Sorry faithful readers!  I have been in the middle of the Carribean ocean since last Saturday and had assumed I could continue blogging while on the ship....however, once on board the cruise company told me how much it was going to cost to connect to their WiFi....and I passed on their extortion rates.

It has been strange being totally gone from the news for five days.  The world just went on making news everyday even though I wasn't around to read it!

I just learned that Netanyahu survived the election and that Team Obama didn't seem real happy about that.

Also of interest is that our waiter was from Tunesia and his name was Muhummad.  He said I was the very first American he has ever spoken to who knows where Tunesia is.  I asked him how things were in his country since the Arab Spring broke out there.  He said they were great and had all the freedom to think, say and do whatever they want.  Coincidentally, the first headline I see today upon return to USA is that radical Muslims have attacked Tunesia.

I am blogging from my IPad and have a plane to catch, so will be brief and post the article below.  I should be back to my regular blogging tomorrow.  Thanks for your patience.

Here;  http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/19/tunisia-president-says-country-is-in-war-with-terror-after-tunis-museum/

Essid said the gunmen killed 18 tourists total — including four from Italy, two from Colombia, two from Spain, and one each from Australia, Poland and France. Japan’s government said three of its citizens were killed.
Five Tunisians also were killed, including two attackers. Health Minister Said Aidi said all the injuries came from bullet wounds, and that several victims were brought in without identity documents.
At least 44 people were wounded, including tourists from Italy, France, Japan, South Africa, Poland, Belgium and Russia, according to Essid and doctors from Tunis' Charles Nicolle hospital.
Twitter accounts associated with the Islamic State terror group based in Syria and Iraq were described as overjoyed at the attack, urging Tunisians to "follow their brothers," according to Rita Katz of SITE, a U.S.-based organization that monitors militant groups.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home