Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Michelle Obama Blames Trump for Her Low-Grade Depression

Maybe this will make you smile today.  Some of you probably caught this in last week's news but I forgot to post on it...so better late than never.


Michelle Obama revealed she is “dealing with some form of low-grade depression” that she says has partly been brought on by President Donald Trump’s actions.

The former first lady made the comment during “The Michelle Obama Podcast” while discussing mental health with former NPR anchor Michele Norris.

Obama said in an episode released Wednesday: “I know that I am dealing with some form of low-grade depression, not just because of the quarantine, but because of the racial strife, and just seeing this administration, watching the hypocrisy of it, day in and day out, is dispiriting.”

Norris added that during the time of “tumult and uncertainty,” many people are feeling “the highs and the lows.”

“They’ve been real for me, and you know, I don’t think I’m unusual in that. But I’d be remiss to say that part of this depression is also a result of what we’re seeing in terms of the protests, the continued racial unrest, that has plagued this country since its birth,” Obama said.

“I have to say that waking up to the news, waking up to how this administration has or has not responded, waking up to yet another story of a black man or a black person somehow being dehumanized or hurt or killed or falsely accused of something — it is exhausting.”

She added, “It has led to a weight that I haven’t felt in my life in a while.”

Obama said she is working through the depression by keeping a routine, working out, getting outside and spending time with her family.


Simply more evidence of how the Right and the Left are not going to be able to co-exist in this nation for very much longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home