Thursday, September 17, 2020

Satan Has a Fatal Wound to His Head But He's Still Thrashing Around Causing Major Havoc

 I love this word picture so wanted to share it with you.

********************************************************

Living in victory every day

By Pete Briscoe  September 1, 2020

If you see a snake, just kill it—don’t appoint a committee on snakes. — Ross Perot

A South American missionary woke up one morning to find a giant anaconda snake in his little house. Over 25 feet long, right there, curled up. Scared him to death, obviously. He snuck out the window, went and told all his villager friends, “Come and help me!” So they went back to the house with him and looked through the window. Sure enough, there it was.

One of the villagers said, “I know what to do.” And he grabbed his rifle, stuck it through the window, and BLAM! He put one bullet right in the head of that big snake. The snake started thrashing around shaking the house violently. They just stood there in disbelief as they heard crashing and shaking and vibrating. Then it started to slow down, and finally it was quiet in the house. When they went inside the house, they saw that the snake had caused incredible damage and chaos inside the little hut.

I know what some of you are thinking, because you’re just like me. You’re thinking: Okay, I know the Bible says that Satan, the great serpent, is defeated, but something must be wrong at my house because Satan seems to be wreaking havoc in my life, in my relationships, and with sin struggles and all that kind of stuff.

We live in the season of the evil one thrashing around after Jesus put a bullet in his head at the cross. Satan’s final defeat is imminent. Soon enough, it will be permanent. In the meantime, our struggle with spiritual evil will continue as it attempts to thrash our lives.

We are wise to take Paul’s counsel:

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:10-12)

Holy Spirit, give me faith and wisdom today as I encounter a defeated, dying spiritual enemy. You are in me and You are greater than he that is thrashing my world. I rest in You. I cease trying to fight in my own strength. I trust in You to fight for me and through me. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home