Friday, April 8, 2022

“Don’t Say Gay”

The Grammys opened with 3 comedians chanting “gay! Gay! Gay!” which was a planned response to Florida’s new law that prohibits teachers from teaching sexuality or gender issues to students aged 4 to 9.  The critics call it the “don’t say gay” law.  But parents feel it’s reasonable to try and stop the LGBTQ agenda from infecting their young children in the classroom.  I actually don’t want gay parades and flags in my 5 yr old’s classroom.  I don’t want Mr Thollander showing his gay wedding photos to my  first grade child.  I don’t want a teacher discussing transgender issues with my 7 yr old.  Seems reasonable?  Of course not to the gay teachers who desperately want to share their perverted lifestyles with young students.  Stand strong Florida!  Don’t let the Hollywood crowd bully you away from a very reasonable stance.

******************************

Thollander denied having discussed his marriage since he and his husband tied the knot in March of last year, aside from acknowledging it when he was asked. No action was taken against him by school leaders, who defended him several days later with a letter of their own, he said.

Nevertheless, the incident prompted Thollander to make this school year his last after 11 years of working in Florida as a teacher.

“A lot of trust is given to teachers, and it made it seem like I wasn’t trusted because there’s something wrong with me for being gay,” he said. “It makes it seem like being gay is something vile or disturbing or disgusting when it’s described as making children uncomfortable knowing that I’m married to a man. It hurt.” 

The law, HB 1557, bans “instruction” about sexual orientation or gender identity “in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed it into law Monday. Parents will be able to sue school districts for alleged violations, damages or attorney’s fees when the law goes into effect July 1.

Nicolette Solomon, 28, taught fourth grade in Miami-Dade County for more than four years. As HB 1557 passed through the Legislature, she quit. Solomon, a lesbian, said that after months of having taught virtually through the coronavirus pandemic, the law was “the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

“The law would erase me as an LGBTQ teacher,” she said. “Nobody would be able to know, which then puts me in the closet, and I’m there seven hours a day, if not more, five days a week. I wouldn’t be able to be who I am.”

“And I don’t think I can bear to see the students struggle and want to ask me about these things and then have to deny them that knowledge,” she added. “That’s not who I am as a teacher.”

 https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/-cannot-teach-florida-lgbtq-educators-fear-fallout-new-school-law-rcna22106

Check out this paragraph

survey last year by The Trevor Project, an LGBTQ youth suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization, found that 42 percent of the nearly 35,000 LGBTQ youths who were surveyed seriously considered suicide within the previous year. More than half of transgender and nonbinary youths who were surveyed seriously considered suicide, it also found.

Did you ever consider that it’s not because of bullying but because they are mentally ill and very confused?  Probably not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home