Saturday, November 5, 2022

Polyamory Continues to Go Mainstream

So notice this script used for all perverse things that are being brought into the mainstream.  #1–I was born this way/since I was young.  #2–I had to keep who I was a secret cuz society is so intolerant.  #3–I started slowly coming out to friends about who I really am. #4–Now that I’m out of the closet I’m free and society needs to celebrate and embrace who I am.

Now read the article below and find out why polygamy and polyamory will soon be pushed upon all of us.  If you reject it you will be labeled as polyphobic.

**********************************

Since I was young, crushes have often developed between me and my friends, and I always found it hard to discern the line between platonic and romantic feelings. I've loved exploring those intimate dynamics without committing to a relationship. But as I got older and settled into monogamous relationships, I felt guilty for the romantic feelings I was still harboring for other close friends in my life. 

In all of my relationships, I've brought up the idea of polyamory. When I did, I felt my partners were often immediately suspicious of my intentions; they seemed to assume that if I was thinking about exploring relationships with others, I must have already been doing it without their consent. But no one I knew was polyamorous or anything other than monogamous or single, so I had no one to talk to about these things, and monogamy was too ingrained in me to untangle on my own. 

My new partner was curious about polyamory but needed time to get comfortable with it

Finally, in 2016, I met the person that would eventually become my coparent. I brought up non-monogamy a number of times to him, and he was curious to try it but needed more time to build trust and get comfortable with the idea. I thought that was a fair request and wasn't fully convinced that I was ready for it, either. So I kept my interest in polyamory where it had lived the majority of my adult life — buried. 

Occasionally, we would flirt with another couple or single person together and fantasize what it would be like to have sex with them. It was exciting when those moments came, but when we would start to consider developing an actual relationship with someone else, the communication would break down and insecurities would stop us from bringing a third person into our relationship. 


I am still deconstructing compulsory monogamy and internalized shame around my queerness. As I look toward the future, so many roadblocks have been upended. I can realistically consider a life where I parent with multiple people, or where I can entertain crushes on friends if they're into it. 

Through dating other polyamorous folks, I have found like-minded people who see a vision of family that rejects the model of independent families doing everything on their own that colonialism has forced onto us. Already, so much mutual care has appeared just by opening this door. This transition has its challenges, but my toddler is amazed by both the church bells that sound every hour in town at their dada's house, and the roosters that wake us up in the morning at mine. Our sense of home is always changing, and I can't wait to see our kid learn what home and family means to them. 


 https://www.insider.com/polyamory-changed-how-my-partner-and-i-coparent-2022-10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home