Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Those Folks Who Say, “Nothing Bad is Going to Happen”

I realize that some passages are meant simply for the Jews of ancient Israel.  But I also realize that God is never changing and that some prophecies have dual fulfillment.  They were fulfilled in one way soon after the prophet spoke the words but they will be fulfilled again in the very Last Days.

Today in my daily Bible reading I saw this passage and even though I have read it before I can't say that I remembered it.  I think of America as I read this.  Yes, every nation is filled with sinners because all have sinned.  But America has been SO blessed that it's painful to watch as we jettison Jesus from the public square, we openly vacation in SIN CITY with plans for sin, we put our stamp of approval on gay marriage and make a mockery of male and female.

So read from Amos and see how God felt about His people living lives of decadent sin.  Also think of the people who have told me so many times, "Yeah but Dennis, this is America!  Nothing bad is ever going to happen to us!  Disaster will not overtake or meet us!"


 Amos 9

“Surely the eyes of the Sovereign Lord
    are on the sinful kingdom.
I will destroy it
    from the face of the earth.

Yet I will not totally destroy
    the descendants of Jacob,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will give the command,
    and I will shake the people of Israel
    among all the nations
as grain is shaken in a sieve,
    and not a pebble will reach the ground.
10 All the sinners among my people
    will die by the sword,
all those who say,
    ‘Disaster will not overtake or meet us.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home