Sunday, April 12, 2009

Clinging to Our Guns

Here is more info on the surge in sales of guns and ammo all across the country.

Firearms sales have surged in the six months since Obama's election as millions of Americans have gone on a buying spree that has stripped gun shops in some parts of the country almost bare of assault weapons and led to a national ammunition shortage.

Read it here; http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/13/guns-nra-america-obama-virginia

So what do you believe to be the main reasons that Americans of all shapes, sizes and colors...are buying guns and ammo faster than Walmart can stock them? I have some ideas, but would love to hear yours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dennis
To answer your question - I don't know. What are your thoughts.

My question is this. Am I just out of the loop? I know hunters and guys with guns and conservatives and liberals - and I don't know anyone who has bought a gun recently. So do I just have my head in the sand or why is the rest of the country loading up and we're not.
Darwin

April 15, 2009 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger dennis said...

You may be out of the loop on the gun issue. It is on the front page of the Wall Street Journal today...April 16. And yes, I know many people who are buying guns and ammo. The state can't hardly keep up with the requests for permits to carry handguns. People are buying some for profit because of a fear that Obama may restrict gun ownership and ban certain weapons. Some are buying them because they fear that the Gov't won't always be there to protect them from anarchy and unrest. I just talked to a police officer who said that his department is having trouble buying pistol ammo. So we are loading up right here in MN. If you are a gun shop owner or and ammo or gun manufacturer...it's been a great time to be in the business.

April 16, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home