Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Jesus Warned About Coming Division

I know that many of you have divided families that have divided because of your belief in Jesus as your savior.  I know that mine is.

Recently, I was talking to a cousin and she has 3 siblings along with her mom and dad.  She told me how her mom's brother and sister have refused to talk her mom since the election.  She also told me that her sister and brother are divided against the other sister and her. As we would expect, two of her siblings have rejected the Gospel while the rest of her family has accepted it.

None of this should really surprise us.  It might sadden us but it shouldn't surprise us.

Luke 12:49-53
51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

We all have loved one's who have rejected the Gospel...so keep praying as we simply don't know whether or not they will one day seek the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home